Topic: Super-fine cleaning and surface activation of plastic casing. Improving adhesion of finishes to plastics. Pre-treatment for VOC-free finishes on mobile telephones.
Premium Quality and Appearance – Openair® Plasma Pre-treatment for Mobile Telephones
In today’s consumer electronics market, design, appearance and feel are primary drivers in purchase decisions, in addition to pure technical functionality.
Top quality design of the casing is particularly important for mobile telephones. Along with general quality and design, manufacturers are looking increasingly to environmentally friendly manufacturing technologies and avoiding the use of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
Openair® plasma treatment has been successfully used for years to achieve quality finishes on mobile telephone half shells:
- Plasma energy reliably removes all particles using super-fine cleaning.
- Greater surface tension on the plastic casing significantly improves finish dispersion and adhesion and makes it possible to use water-based finishes.
- The scrap rate in the finishing stage of production is significantly reduced.
- Plasma technology can be integrated inline in existing finishing lines.
- Higher production speeds mean noticeable cost savings.