TIGRES CAT technology
Virtually potential-free plasma with a high effective range
Atmospheric plasma is used for effective cleaning and ultra-fine cleaning as well as for activation of surfaces made of metal, plastic, glass and composites. The treatment ensures proper bonding during the subsequent adhesive, printing or painting process.
With CAT technology, the potential-free plasma is generated by two arcs, whereby the counter arc also acts as the counter electrode. This method minimizes the effects of wear on plasma generation.
Whether using a single nozzle for a processing width of 20 – 40 mm per head or using multiple nozzles lined up together for wider applications – this powerful technology offers a solution suited for any energy-intensive pretreatment. One generator can supply up to two nozzle heads.
Special functional groups can be applied to the polymer surface using various process gases in this case as well.
Technical data Plasma CAT
|Output:||600 W or 1000 W per nozzle|
|Process gas:||Air (others on request)|
Energy Discharge Control (EDC) can be used
The technology can be adapted to any material width by varying the number of heads. Depending on the process parameters, the plasma treatment has an effective range of 5 – 30 mm.
The supply lines to the Plasma CAT heads can run parallel or perpendicular to the nozzle.
Essential features of CAT technology
- The generator produces potential-free plasma, which is conveyed by an air stream out of the electrode and onto the surface to be treated.
- Output CAT Compact 600 W, output CAT 1 kW
- One or two heads of different series can be mounted on one generator
- Operation with gas and gas mixtures possible
- The supply lines are available in lengths of 2 m, 4 m and 8 m
- Constant monitoring of the system’s operating status ensures process reliability